Here are 10 great tips for long distance moving:
1) Check your mover on the D.O.T website https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/protect-your-move
2) Compare Cubic ft / Weight between quotes to get an "apples to apples" comparison
3) Discuss with your mover about accessibility issues on pick up / delivery
4) Make an itemized list of the items that are going
5) Make sure to wrap all mirrors and glass tops with bubble wrap or ask you mover to do it for you
6) Check fo the amount of coverage included in your quote if any
7) If you have homeowners or renters insurance you might already be covered for moving
8) Go over delivery time frames with your mover to have proper delivery expectations
9) A good carrier will label your boxes but it is still recommended to have your own labels
10) Make sure to have the furniture empty and ready for disassembling.
Have a quick and easy move!!